Thank you for your interest in a Graphic Design Internship at Printmaster Ireland. The programme is based in the scenic seaside town of Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. This is an unpaid internship; however, accommodation is arranged and rent-free and household bills are subsidised. For more information on this internship email firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic Design Internship (April 2011)
Printmaster, where do I start. I know a lot of people think interns do nothing but get coffee and do gopher work, that was not the case here. After settling in and familiarizing myself with the way the business worked I was up and on my own faster than I realized. The degree of skills I've learned during my internship amaze me. Actually working through projects from the initial client meeting down through the last cut and staple makes you really appreciate what all goes into even the simplest of jobs. Learning why you do the things you may have only briefly touched on in college has been a great boon. I was taught to do separations in school, but never really learned why they were so important till I was printing out film on a consistent basis to send to our offset printer. I learned skills I never had the opportunity to in college; vinyl plotting and application, offset printing, and finishing. Dungarvan is a wonderful place, and I'm going to miss it terribly. The people I worked with and my experience at Printmaster will never be forgotten.
Graphic Design Media Internship (June 2010)
Last June, I started Printmaster's Internship Program after graduating from college with a design degree. Since I was a poor graduate, it was very helpful that they were able to not only find me a place to live, but to also cover my rent for me. My roommate turned out to be the kindest person I have ever met and now I am sorry to have left Ireland at all. I was given time to recuperate and get to know the town before I started work, which is very helpful for someone with jetlag. Work, itself was challenging in that it used skills I already had, and developed new ones. By working at Printmaster, I have learned a variety of new skills. Coming from the US, I was introduced to the European measurement and paper system. The team at Printmaster is an international one, and I dealt with people that talked and thought differently than I did. This experience gave me skills to communicate better with my coworkers and the clients that dropped by for consultation. Although an intern, I was given challenging design projects that included all the steps of completion. I talked and called clients, solved problems with the printers and even printed projects myself. Every step of the way I got sound advice and help from those around me. I greatly appreciate the encouragement and time that those around me in the office gave. Right away I was treated as a key player and a vital role in the company. If I had the chance to do it over again with the knowledge that I have, I would and gladly. Dungarvan is a lovely little town with plenty of local walking destinations. Anyone living there may be kept busy with a mall, cinema, and many pubs. Anyways, I enjoyed my time there and loved the opportunity to learn and to sightsee around Ireland. Thanks Printmaster, Charis Hensley
Graphic Design Internship (April - October 2010)
I've interned in Printmaster for the past six months I've really enjoyed getting to work in all aspects of the production process - from concept through printing and finishing. My time at Printmaster helped me understand the 'why' of so many things I learned in college, such as the importance of bleeds and colour management. I also appreciated the experience I acquired working with so many different clients on such a variety of projects. It's increased my portfolio ten-fold and given me a much better grasp of how to design for other people. I've also loved living in Dungarvan. It's small, but with plenty of character and loads to do. I've met so many amazing people here. I highly recommend an internship in Printmaster!
What You'll Do
- Work with the team to ensure that marketing design objectives are met.
- Play a key role in the execution of relevant Design projects and initiatives, achieving milestones and completing team and individual tasks to ensure effective collaboration with Customers.
- Ensure complete visibility in the design team regarding actions and activities.
- Create and coordinate the sending of electronic newsletters and mailshots.
- Coordinate promotions.
- Work closely with the design team on the production of a monthly magazine.
- Liaise with the marketing, sales and Design teams.
- Design projects working closely with the customer to achieve outstanding designs.
- See projects through from brief to completion.
- Perform general administration duties across various departments.
- Print using our Digital output Devices.
- Attend meetings with clients in the area and all over Ireland when required.
- Deal with customer enquiries / Take customer bookings over the phone.
What You'll Get
- Rent-free accommodation close to the Printmaster office.
- Monthly allowance for household bills eg. electricity, heating, T.V and internet.
- Bags of design and media experience to put on your CV/resume.
- A great opportunity to work with an energetic, inspiring team.
- The opportunity to intern and live in one of the most beautiful towns in southern Ireland.
is a seaside town set beside the mountains on the southeast coast of Ireland.